Wednesday 3 October 2012

Dolly Diorama making

Dolly Diorama-Bathroom (c) Jam Gloom 2012
 (Do not redistribute any of my photography
 without my consent.)

Had planned to post this yesterday as that was when I made and photographed my dolly dioramas, but I ran out of time. Thankfully kind of a good thing as college kept me busy from doing anything creative outside of the project I am working on.

Close up of the bath Dolly Diorama
(c) Jam Gloom 2012 









Have been wanting to make a dolly diorama for a while and the one's I made yesterday were of a 1/12 scale. The "room" is in fact a old soapbox with the top and lid removed and then lined using double sided sticky tape. I chose a soothing blue for the "bathroom" diorama with blue felt and orchid gift wrap for the floor and walls. The small box on the right hand side of the scene used to be a matchbox but I covered it again with giftwrap and for the drawer knob I used a brads pin. The ceramic bath and washbasket cost £3.99.  The plastic props and doll for that matter are from MGA's Lalaloopsy line (the doll is a version of snow white and the props belong to marina, think the duck is from a littlest pet shop blythe release though). Lastly to make "fake" bubbles I used cotton wool balls. >< Was fairly pleased with my makeshift outcome.
In regards of photography I had an external flash gun pointing downwards (lighting the scene) and a macro lens.

Dolly Diorama 2- The Bedroom (c) Jam Gloom 2012
My second dolly Diorama attempt was using pre-made setting (a fake wooden book that I bought awhile back for £1.99). The plastic props come from MGA's Lalaloopsy line and Moxie Teenz Line (Teddy and purse=Moxie Teenz +Alice doll, cheshire cat, white rabbit, and snow white squirrel=Lalaloopsy). The bed is from the same line as the bath and cost £6.99.
It's not as great as my makeshift room, however I think the outcome is reasonable for the time being.
I used a macro lens and an external flash gun pointing at the doll from 45 degree downwards angle.

Thanks for reading,

Until Next Time

Haus of Gloom
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment