Thursday 4 October 2012

Digital Processes Tutorial

Model A (head), Model K (body) and Model S (legs)
 
At college today we were provided with the task of merging 3 people together (sounds easy yet really isn't lol) using Photoshop CS 5 and a Wacom Bamboo tablet. The provided "models" are from my class (left to right: Model K, Model S and Model A). I had nothing to do with the photography shooting just post-processing. (Just to be clear). I used a variety of tools to extract the models from the background (white wall, blue carpet) mostly magic wand and refine edge tool, but also used other selection tools, layer masks and sometimes the eraser to get to tricky areas. (the graphics tablet helped with my accuracy in erasing and selecting) I then selected my chosen portions and merged them into a proportionate sequence, Model A  was a struggle to add head-wise into the sequence as the neck line of the other model was angled slightly differently, however I feel for a mock up/practice run I achieved a fairly good outcome. Lastly I place a light grey shadow to create a more realistic feel.

What do you think? Any feedback or suggestions on what I should do next time etc, will be greatly appreciated.

Haus of Gloom
xox

1 comment: